The faculty of making stupid discoveries by accident. The name of my first Fantasy Football Team. Neither of which have anything to do with this blog. I just like the word. Deal with it !!!!!!
164 Things about me.
Because I am a rutabaga not a turnip.
1. I was born in Toronto, Ontario Canada.
2. I am a Virgo.
3. I have some Virgo traits.
4. I am named after my mother’s pony she had as a child.
5. I am glad she didn’t have a dog named Rover.
6. I am an unconventional conventionalist.
7. I am a contradiction.
8. I am a Java Junkie Extremis and would do just about anything for a cup of good coffee.
9. I have been to the Grand Canyon.
10. I contemplated moving to the island of St. Kitts in the Caribbean when I was in my 30’s.
11. My middle name is Dale. It was to be my first name but that mom nixed that idea.
12. Instead of being named after Dale Evans (dad’s idea) I was named after a damn pony.
13. I have been in every state east of the Mississippi River, except for Mississippi.
14. I would like to visit every state and province before I die.
15. I have been in most Provinces.
16. However, I have never been in Northwest Territories, Yukon, Manitoba or Newfoundland/Labrador.
17. English was my favourite subject in school.
18. I hate math.
19. My career was in the Stock business where I had to use math everyday for 20 years.
20. I didn’t finish College until I was in my 30’s.
21. I have a Diploma in Police Sciences.
22. My GPA was 4.
23. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a Nurse.
24. I can’t stand the sight of blood.
25. When I was older I wanted to be a lawyer.
26. Long before CSI was on TV I wanted to be a Forensic Scientist.
27. I spent a day at the City Morgue when I was in Grade 13 as part of career day.
28. I saw a body of someone who had burned to death.
29. I wanted to be a writer.
30. School interfered with my education.
31. My I.Q. is 114.
32. I was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer when I was 44 years old.
33. I survived the surgery but chemotherapy almost killed me.
34. My stomach (what is left of it) now sits between my lungs.
35. I sleep sitting up due to the surgery I had for cancer.
36. I would love to have my scars tattooed but I am a chicken.
37. I have a high pain threshold.
38. I have learned that if you do not control your pain, it will control you.
39. I used to get migraine headaches,
40. I have to take medication for the rest of my life.
41. I want to be cremated when I die.
42. I picked out the urn I want to spend eternity in when I was 26 years old.
43. I do not believe there is a Hell.
44. I have read the Bible.
45. I find it hard to believe most of it.
46. I believe in re-incarnation.
47. I want to be a dolphin in my next life.
48. I love dolphins.
49. Paula Deen is my hero because there is no such thing as too much butter.
50. I believe Martha Stewart was a scapegoat because she is famous.
51. I don’t particularly like Martha Stewart.
52. I started going grey when I was 15.
53. I hate my hair.
54. It has been various shades of brown and Vivid Plum.
55. I loved the Vivid Plum.
56. I am the primary caregiver to my parents who both have Alzheimer’s disease.
57. My maternal grandmother had Alzheimer’s disease.
58. I have 2 younger brothers.
59. Both have had heart attacks.
60. My maternal grandfather died of a major coronary while out ploughing a field.
61. My paternal grandfather had Heart disease.
62. I love fresh Florida ruby red grapefruit in season.
63. I have been to Florida many times.
64. I would rather go to the Caribbean than Florida.
65. My goal is to someday visit Greece.
66. I have been to baseball games at Yankee Stadium (NY), Shea Stadium (NY), Wrigley Field (Chi), Cominsky Park (Chi – both old and new), Fenway (Bos), Toronto Exhibition Park (Tor) and Toronto Skydome.
67. I haven’t watch baseball since the last strike.
68. Dan Pastorini (ex QB – Houston Oilers) is the all time best butt in Football, followed closely by Warren Moon.
69. The Green Bay Packers are my favourite NFL team.
70. New York City used to be my favourite US metropolis until I visited Chicago.
71. I was at the very first Gay Pride Day parade in NYC.
72. I didn’t know it at the time.
73. “Open to interpretation” is the most over rated concept ever devised.
74. I have eaten Bear, Venison (deer), Moose, Rabbit, Wild Duck, Wild Turkey, Whale Blubber and Alligator.
75. I belong to a bowling league.
76. I suck at bowling.
77. My grandfather starting calling me Suzie Q the day I was born.
78. My mother calls me Suzie all the time.
79. She calls her two granddaughters Suzie also.
80. My grandfather and my mother are the only people allowed to call me Suzie. Anyone else shall be immediately killed.
81. I love shopping in the US,
82. I hate shopping in Canada.
83. I have a pin in my left ankle.
84. I would rather have open-heart surgery than go to a dentist.
85. My oldest friend is my Psuedo-brother John.
86. I have known him since we were 7 years old.
87. Until recently I dated a guy I had a crush on when I was 15 years old.
88. I love to cook.
89. I hate doing the dishes.
90. I collect cookbooks.
91. I read them like novels.
92. I never read the end of a book before reading the whole book.
93. I prefer to read a book first and then see the movie.
94. I usually hate movies based on books I have read.
95. My favourite all time book is Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon.
96. I hated the Mini Series.
97. I have seen Rocky Horror Picture Show over 100 times.
98. Tim Curry in fishnets and high heels is the sexiest man alive.
99. My favourite movie is Bull Durham.
100. Ok, so maybe Kevin Costner is tied with Tim Curry for the sexiest man alive – especially during the bathtub scene.
101. Little kids make me smile.
102. The only thing in my life I regret is not having children.
103. I lived in Edmonton Alberta for 2 years.
104. I hate Edmonton.
105. I love Victoria B.C. and Vancouver Island B.C.
106. I have a chocolate lab named Bosco.
107. I love my dog.
108. I would die for my dog.
109. I am a “Big L” liberal most of the time.
110. I wear my heart on my sleeve.
111. I sometimes think I “don’t get it”.
112. I don’t know what “it” is.
113. I hate the month of April.
114. Autumn is my favourite time of year.
115. I love Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
116. I hate mosquitoes.
117. I used to live in a house near the beach.
118. I hate sand.
119. I once had a cat named Spooky who had 6 toes on each front paw. Coyotes ate Spooky.
120. I have a strange and bizarre sense of humour.
121. I use it as a defense mechanism, finding humour in almost every situation, especially ones I find unpleasant.
122. I once bought some Caesar Dog food (in the little gold packages) and very straight faced told the cashier that if you put it on crackers no one will know that it is not really pate. I don’t think she knew what pate was.
123. I do not know everything.
124. I know a little about a lot.
125. I am very shy around people I do not know well.
126. However, I can speak in front of a large group of people with no fear.
127. One of my BFF’s lives in Myrtle Beach.
128. I cry when the commercial for the ASPCA, the one with Sarah McLaughlin singing “In the arms of the Angels”, comes on the TV.
129. I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews.
130. I adore them and spoil them rotten.
131. I miss Greek food on the Danforth in Toronto
132. I do not miss living in Toronto.
133. I hate flying.
134. I love taking the train.
135. I am an optimistic pessimist.
136. I believe in the death penalty to a certain extent.
137. Domestic violence, child abuse and cruelty to animals make my blood boil.
138. I know myself better than I think I do.
139. I do not believe that anyone can be politically correct all the time.
140. No one is that perfect.
141. I try to eat “Healthy”.
142. I think Oreos are very healthy.
143. I believe in the inherent good of mankind.
144. I believe that history is just that, and that it cannot be rewritten to take out the bad parts.
145. The best we can do is learn from it and go forward.
146. I took me three hours to put this list together.
147. I am Canadian therefore I put “u”’s in some of my words.
148. I do not say “aboot”.
149. I say about.
150. My favourite colour is purple.
151. My first new car was a purple Grand Am. The actual factory colour was Pearl Plum.
152. I once owned a 1979 Cougar. It got 13 miles to the gallon and the engine alone weighed more than the entire Grand Am.
153. I drive a 1995 Lincoln Continental now.
154. I love my family and my friends because they are awesome.
155. I think the Internet is a wonderful place, but needs to be used with caution.
156. I am sometimes very naïve.
157. I use only filtered water because the water in my town is too chlorinated and tastes like bleach.
158. I have learned that although there are many things I want materially, there are very few things I need.
159. I believe that being diagnosed with cancer was the best thing that ever happened to me.
160. I am a good person with some bad traits.
161. I cry when I am frustrated/angry.
162. I would make a horrible boss.
163. I believe that contrary to popular belief you CAN be too rich and too thin.
164. I could come up with another 164 things about me but I am tired and need to sleep.